Executive Director level role with the Anglican Diocese. Manage two portfolios including Asset/Property Management and Information Technology.
Executive Director Infrastructure Services
The Anglican Diocese Newcastle, has a rich history celebrating 175 years within our region as the longest-serving church, founded by Bishop William Tyrrell in 1847. With over fifty parishes in the Diocese, their footprint extends from the Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Hunter, Paterson, and Port Stephens to the Manning region of New South Wales, Australia.
With over 2500+ employees (and countless volunteers) the Newcastle Anglican ministry meets the needs of the community through their agencies Anglican Care, Samaritans, and Newcastle Anglican Schools.
Newcastle Anglican also supports the elderly community through its aged care service, Anglican Care, which caters to 600 residents and continues to grow its services throughout the community with Home Care and Retirement Living services. Additionally, their portfolio of four schools is committed to providing inclusive educational environment rich in opportunities for over 3000 students across our region.
In partnership with Verve Partners, the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle are recruiting the Executive Director Infrastructure, a critical member of the Executive Leadership Team.
Reporting into the Diocesan Chief Executive (DCE), we are seeking an Executive leader who will offer a strong commercial and strategic leadership in partnership with their executive colleagues.
You will be responsible for two key shared service delivery areas, which includes Asset Property Management and Information Technology.
The priority when commencing in the role will be the maintenance and commercial development of the Property and Asset portfolios.
- Formulate comprehensive strategies for commercial development and maintenance of the Diocese’s property portfolio, ensuring a focus on sustainability and the future.
- Plan and deliver work projects within agreed scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manage and oversee diverse properties, optimising commercial growth and ensuring compliance.
- Develop a sustainable strategy for the environmental future of the property portfolio and design a long-term transformation roadmap for Newcastle Anglican properties.
- Lead complete IT strategy, encompassing cybersecurity, communications planning, disaster recovery, electronic document management, applications, and service delivery.
- Implement cost-effective maintenance models for IT systems.
- Expand property and IT portfolio, prioritising exceptional experiences.
- Drive organisational commercial success through effective negotiation, partnership development, and overseeing strategy execution.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and adaptability in the rapidly evolving IT landscape.
The Successful Candidate
- Holds a minimum of 5 years at an Executive level, preferably leading service delivery teams.
- Demonstrates strong alignment with mission, values, and core practices.
- Displays influential and confident relationship management, fostering collaboration.
- Embraces an open, considerate leadership style while being well-organised and consistent.
- Possesses relevant tertiary qualifications in business, architecture, or engineering. Postgraduate qualifications in Management or Business are desirable.
- Demonstrates commercial finance qualifications/experience.
- Accomplished negotiator experienced in reviewing commercial agreements and consulting with stakeholders.
- Extensive background in managing multiple portfolios at an Executive level.
- Proven Executive leadership experience in commercial contract negotiation, asset acquisition, and overseeing complex projects, ensuring successful delivery within budget and timeline.
Working as part of the Executive Leadership Team for Newcastle Anglican, you will enjoy a friendly, flexible, and supportive environment within an organisation that puts people at the centre of their work valuing reliability, individuality, dignity and empowerment.
- Attractive remuneration and salary packaging.
- Work with an experienced and considered Executive Leadership Team.
- Paid Parental leave of up to 14 weeks.
- Fitness passport and professional memberships.
- Payroll giving program.
- The opportunity to work within a supportive and encouraging environment.
- Hybrid working model.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact within our local community.
For more information or for a confidential conversation, please contact Simon Rutten on 0447 718 446.
Newcastle Anglican promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people.
Verve Partners is an energetic team of specialist consultants reimagining recruitment Australia-wide. With over 170 years of combined experience, we’ve found the sweet spot in talent search – and want to share it. By scouting smart, digging deep and embracing diversity, we grow vibrant careers, cultures and communities.
We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their culture, and Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that this land was and always will be Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land because sovereignty was never ceded.