Perfect opportunity for a Public Practice or Assistant Accountant to take that next step in their career!
Verve Partners is collaborating with a heavy industry client in the Newcastle area to find their next Finance superstar. As a large business, and experts in their field, our client is seeking a degree qualified Accountant who is passionate and eager to continue their professional development in a commercial setting.
Working within a supportive team, the Accountant will be responsible for the transactional accounting and reporting of the business. As you will be working closely with leaders and key stakeholders, strong communication skills are an integral part of this role.
- Responsible for monthly accounting transactions and reporting.
- Take ownership of the balance sheet, GL and P&L accounts.
- BAS, FBT and payroll tax obligations and requirements.
- Manage the fixed asset register and insurances.
- Develop your skills in budgets, forecasting, and analysis.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for continued process improvements.
- Communicate with external auditors and adhere to statutory requirements of the business.
The Successful Candidate:
The ideal candidate is degree qualified with an eagerness to learn. As someone who might be at the beginning of your finance career, this is the perfect next step into financial and management accounting.
You will ideally have 2-3 years accounting experience, whether that is commercial or in a public practice setting. Your dedication, organisational skills, and ability to prioritise will make you successful in this team.
- Continued professional development.
- Support through CA/CPA studies.
- Collaborative team environment.
For more information or for a confidential conversation, please contact Simon Rutten on 0447 718 446.
Verve Partners is an energetic team of specialist consultants reimagining recruitment Australia-wide. With over 170 years of combined experience, we’ve found the sweet spot in talent search – and want to share it. By scouting smart, digging deep, and embracing diversity, we grow vibrant careers, cultures and communities. We currently have offices in the lifestyle cities of Newcastle and Wollongong.
We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their culture, and Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that this land was and always will be Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land because sovereignty was never ceded.